Is it worth getting a credit card with an annual fee?
You might be able to get out of paying an annual fee on a card with amazing benefits. Here's how you can go about it.
Are you wondering whether the fee you are paying on your credit card is worth the benefits you get? Are you evaluating whether you should be paying less? Or if you should be getting a credit card without any annual fee? You are asking the right questions.
You should indeed be getting a whole world of benefits out of your credit card, especially if you are paying a fee. These benefits should include rewards, discounts, exclusive offers, and cashback. And if you can get away with procuring a credit card without annual fees, well, why not?
Benefits of a credit card
In this discussion, we are going to take a closer look at one such credit card without an annual fee requirement. Here's what you get with the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank Platinum Plus FYF cards.
- Milestone rewards like 10,000 reward points on annual spending crossing Rs. 150,000.
- Regular rewards of 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 spent.
- Twice the rewards for online spending except for when you swipe your card for purchases that may be categorized as education, utilities, insurance, and mobile wallet loads.
- One plus one deal on movie tickets twice a month. And yes, applicable on any day of the week.
- A waiver on fuel surcharge. You can save Rs. 1000 per month on fuel surcharge alone.
- Unlimited lounge access, complimentary twice a year.
These are just the benefits linked to rewards and offers. There's more. The Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard packs in the conveniences and benefits of four cards. This is true not just for the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank Platinum Plus FYF card, but for the other 10 variants of the SuperCard as well.
- It can be used as an ATM card wherein you can use it to withdraw cash anytime and anywhere.
- Of course, it can be used as a credit card.
- Additionally, it can be used as an EMI Card. Members can avail of the No Cost EMI facility. This facility allows them to enjoy expensive items like home appliances, smartphones, and laptops upfront while they break down and pay off the cost in subsequent months.
- The Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard can be used as a loan card as well. Members can avail what is known as a cash advance to the extent of their credit limit. No longer do splurgers need to curb their spending to save for a rainy day. Similarly, investors who might like to keep as little money sitting almost idle in their savings account can happily invest all their capital. They need not worry about the absence of liquidity, because they have access to a cash advance in case of an emergency.
By this time, you must be pretty convinced that this is the card for you. One might, however, wonder if there was a way to get this credit card without an annual fee, not just in the first year, but after as well. You can indeed enjoy the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank Credit Card without annual fees, so long as you have spent over Rs. 50,000 on the card in the prior year.
Best of all, when it comes to the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard, you can get your credit card online and enjoy instant activation.
Getting your credit card online is easy when you choose the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. You can get your card in just two simple steps.
- Feed-in your mobile number on the Bajaj Finserv website so as to be contacted by a company representative for a pre-approval process. You need to answer a few simple questions to identify your creditworthiness. As long as you are salaried, you might not have anything to worry about.
- Once approved, you need to upload about three KYC documents as proof of age, identity, and location. Along with this, you must scan and upload a passport-size photograph.