What will happen in Kashmir after Scrapping of Article 370?
Article 370 has been Scrapped by the Indian Government through a Presidential Order. What will be the Life in Kashmir after Scrapping of Article 370?
* The home minister also announced that Jammu and Kashmir will no longer be a state and it will be bifurcated in two UTs— J&K and Ladakh.
* Jammu and Kashmir will be a Union Territory with a legislature.
* Ladakh will a Union Territory without a legislature.
We had already written an Article about "What is Article 370, Some Facts" Read that Post to know more about the Background.
Now that Article 370 and 35a have been Scrapped, What will be the Effects, and How the Face of Kashmir will Change.
- People from all over India are now eligible to buy property and settle in J&K
- The Provisions of the Indian Constitution will be applicable to J&K
- The citizens of India and J&K will now enjoy the same fundamental rights
- Jana Gana Mana will be the national anthem of the entire country.
- A seperate Union Territory will be created for J&K with legislature.
- Ladakh region is also being given the status of a Union Territory, without legislature.
- The 2 Union Territories will have seprate Lieutenant Governors.
- The Centre can declare a financial emergency under Article 360 in J&K.
- The state's female residents will now enjoy equal property rights upon marrying an "outsider".
- Economically the State will see a Boom, with more Job creation & Business Activities.
Not to Forget
Kashmiri Youth will now work in Offices and the Days of Stone Pelting and Terrorism will now be Over.